Hey y’all! Here’s my list of must-have healthy afternoon snacks, especially during my busy college week.
- Sliced Apples Dipped in Melted Peanut Butter. – This is one of my absolute favorites. I’m not a big fan of apples, but when you melt half a cup of butter in the microwave for 1 minute, it’s the perfect dipping sauce. It’s a perfect change to a classic snack.
- Peanut Butter or Nutella Crackers. – For me, I love some peanut butter (if you couldn’t already tell. However, making your own cracker sandwiches means you can substitute the peanut butter for whatever creamy delight you want, and nutella is a fantastic option.
- Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups. – If you’re looking for something a little less salty or sweet, these are perfect. Just pick up a slice of ham and a slice of your favorite cheese and roll the cheese inside of the ham and there you have it folks, super simple.
- Plain, Sea Salt Popcorn. – Now this is something that you have to buy at the store (unless you know how to make it.. and if you do holla’ at ya girl and let me know). Such an amazing and delicious snack that basically has no calories.
- Fruit or Veggies. – It’s literally so easy to eat healthy snacks, you just have to have them available. Especially for this one right here. All you have to do is grab a handful of broccoli or baby carrots and some ranch or a handful of grapes or a couple Mandarin oranges, wash them, and enjoy.
That’s about all of the snacks that I eat, but there are so many other healthy alternatives to fattening snack foods.